POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cool mathematical object : Cool mathematical object Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:03:36 EDT (-0400)
  Cool mathematical object
From: scam
Date: 30 May 2006 09:30:01
Message: <web.447c45efc019fdb45c947f990@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I originally made this image over a year ago, however at that time the
version of POV-Ray I was using had a bug which made the sphere_sweep
objects very glitchy. It remained that way until Florian pointed out that
the bug wasn't present in a previous version (3.5) and so all of a sudden I
was back in business.

Anyway here is the image. It is an inversion of a 3D truchet tiling, where
instead of the mesh it was originally made with I now have nice smooth
sphere sweeps (which look much better, and are ~ an order of magnitude
faster to render). Render time was about 2 hours.

While I have your attention, does any one have any alternate
texture/lighting ideas? At the moment I just have an area light and a red
point source inside the object, and a very basic texture.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sphere sweep.png' (288 KB)

Preview of image 'sphere sweep.png'